TAILOR-MADE TRAINING (IN COMPANY)
Taking assertiveness training can help you improve communication in yourself and in your team, boost your self-confidence, set boundaries and resolve conflicts constructively. In addition, an assertive attitude promotes both personal and professional aspects of life.
Find out what the programme has to offer below.
THE KEY OBJECTIVES
- Asserting oneself without hurting others.
- Acquiring assertive responses.
- Taking the initiative to talk out a problem.
- Avoiding being manipulated.
- Where is the problem located?
- Types of responses.
Why act assertively?
How to act assertively?
- I ‘want’ and I ‘must’.
- Expressing feelings.
- DESC method.
- SOT method.
- What holds me back?
Responding to ‘urgent’ requests.
- Asking questions.
- Finding the right words and visual contact.
The power of habit.
Taking the initiative to talk out a problem.
Being polite and assertive.
Situations of persistence.
- Why is it that the other often stops when you set a limit?
- The other does not stop when I have assertively set my limit.
Manipulation and extortion.
- Manipulation gifts.
- Manipulations in your environment.
- Manipulation as an expression of a subassertive attitude.
- Response to appreciation, admiration, help and devotion?
Manipulation and persistence.
- Someone who crosses boundaries.
- Personal sensitivity under the spell of manipulation.
Tendency to be subassertive in minor situations.
- You explode.
- The outburst test.
- How to avoid tension and eruption?
Unnecessary and unconscious helpfulness.
Connecting the dots to the ‘I’.
Individual action plan.
Prior to the training, participants are given an online assertiveness test including questionnaire to know current challenges, desired situation and goals.
This test consists of a self-diagnosis in self-assertiveness. Through questions and cases, each participant gains insight into his assertiveness profile (sub-assertive/aggressive/manipulative/assertive).
In this survey, we also identify the situations in which participants struggle to say ‘no’; this allows the sessions to respond to global and individual requirements and have recognisable examples coming from the participants themselves.
- 2-day intensive in-company training : To the point and practically applicable.
- We work with applied techniques, which means that during the training the participants are put in the same situation as in reality. This has the advantage of facilitating the transfer of the techniques and increasing participants’ motivation and participation.
- Complete course as additional support.
- Mnemonic sheets with tips & tricks.
- Action plan and objectives to be achieved.
VAH Consulting offers various opportunities to further apply the skills and techniques learnt in the future. Feel free to contact us for more information.
Check out the complete training offer of VAH Consulting or contact us for more information. If you would like more information about the content, you can always request an appointment with no obligation.